Thailand is well-known for its rich tradition of food and culture, especially Bangkok is also known as a shopping paradise. In recent years, international citizens have chosen Thailand as a destination for leisure, entertainment, and shopping. If you are experiencing a lot of pressure on your job, reward yourself with a 5-day tour the recommended Thailand travel itinerary as follows: Khao Yai - Hua Hin - Bangkok.
2 days and 2 nights in Khao Yai
You can travel with your loved one on this journey, or else traveling alone is quite fun.
Khao Yai is a small town and about 2 hours drive from Bangkok. After taking a flight to Bangkok, rent a car at the airport to get there.
Khao Yai is home to the National Park with the opportunity to experience the wilderness adventure and explore the lonely rocky cliffs, where you can admire the majestic mountains. Khao Yai is not so famous in the world, but extremely popular in Thailand. It is a completely new and exciting turning point that anyone should try to come to Thailand instead of just shopping in the capital of Pattaya. Khao Yai, 175km away from Suvarnabhumi Airport, is not a too popular destination for foreigners. If you have traveled to Thailand a lot and bored with Bangkok or Pattaya, Khao Yai is a new interesting destination.
* What to prepare
- Currency exchange: Your money should be changed to Bath before the trip because in Thailand the dollar is not very popular.
- Airfare: If you have time or a specific plan, you can book cheap airline tickets.
- SIM card: When you come to Thailand, you should change SIM card so that you can use and take pictures, check-in for comfort. At the airport, after completing entry procedures, you often find the counter of Truemove. If you go 5 days, you should buy Truemove package in 7 days with 2.5Gb high-speed 4G – (only 299THB or 9.5$).
- Transportation: There are many taxis in Suvarnabhumi Airport to the city center, so you do not need to worry too much. However, in Khao Yai, taxi or bus is quite difficult to find, so you should rent a private car to travel freely and actively.
- Motorbikes are rented along Thanarad Road from THB300-500/day (9.5-16$) but travelers usually have to put their original passport there as a deposit. Yet, the destinations are not too close to each other so this option is not advisable.
- Hotel: You can book your room in advance, just provide your visa/master card information and pay when you check-in (deposit 1,000THB or 32$ and get back when checking-out). We highly recommend Khao Yai cottage. The average price is 7,800THB (246.5$) for 3 nights including breakfast for 2 adults 1 child accompanied. Outside the check-in area is quite simple, but the interior has a nice garden and neat rooms. Here, guests are free 2 bottles of mineral water. However, there are no brushes and toothpaste so be sure to prepare well.
* Some notes
- Something needs to carry: a small travel bag to hold important items such as passport, money, card, voucher tours. The weather in Thailand is sunny so you need to bring some essential items: sunscreen, hat, sunglasses or blindfolded (easy to fall asleep); the thin coat for children because it is slightly cold in the early morning, and night in Khao Yai
- Shopping in Khao Yai: You should bargain before taking the airport taxi to go to the city or vice versa, tuk-tuk to the city, and buying in the night markets.
- Time to visit Khao Yai: You should be in Khao Yai on the weekend because there will be many tourists. Khao Yai native does not speak English well, so you can use body language to describe it easily.
2 days 2 nights in Hua Hin
Hua Hin is about 200 km to the southwest of Bangkok. Hua Hin was once home to the Royal Thai Government, with many parks and historical sites. Hua Hin has a 5 km white sandy beach and clear blue sea. Especially, there are many hills and caves. In addition, the weather here is warm all year round, from December to May with less rain, which is ideal for beaching and visiting.
* Hotels in Hua Hin
Hotels in Hua Hin are affordable and diverse, so there are many options for you. The center of Hua Hin is the Night Market area and the train station, so make reservations in this area for easy access. Hotel review information for Hua Hin is not much, so I selected and consulted on:
- Hana Guesthouse: very cheap (15.4$) with the budget room for 2 people and the standard room.
- Hua Hin Lub Sabai: about 20$/2 persons, very near to the beach and Hua Hin Railway Station.
- Ansu Guesthouse: 17.6$ /2 people, located near the beach, also convenient for bathing and resting.
* Some places of interest in Hua Hin
- Khao Takiab Hill (8 km from Hua Hin center): You can take the bus here. It is the tallest hill in the Hua Hin area, suitable for watching the sunset and the whole city. There is also a temple with a large gilded Buddha statue.
- Hua Hin Arts and Crafts Center: It opens from 11 a.m to 6:30 p.m in a typical old house on Naepkhehat Street and display many art works of artists from past to present. This center is free of charge.
- Hin Lek Fai Hills: It is 162m high and about 3km to the west of Hua Hin, an ideal location for seeing the whole of Hua Hin city.
- Namtok Palau waterfall: It is 60 km from Hua Hin in the Kaeng Krachan National Park
- Khao Tao Beach: It is 13km to the south of Hua Hin. The beach is pristine with a fine white sand on the mountain.
1 day 1 night in Bangkok
1 day and 1 night is a short time but enough for you to discover Bangkok.
MORNING - Discover ancient Bangkok
The best time to visit the famous tourist attractions of Bangkok is in the morning. With just a few hours, I recommend visiting the Old City. This area is located in the northeast of the city next to the river - where you can admire the many places of Bangkok.
Start by visiting the magnificent Grand Palace (Royal Palace of Thailand opens at 08:30 a.m) before passing Wat Pho Temple nearby to see the giant Buddha statue and Wat Arun. If you want to take a break from cultural and religious activities, take a long-tail boat or a ferry across the Chao Phraya River, or head to the busiest Chinatown in the Old City.
AFTERNOON - Go to the shopping center to avoid the hot weather
The commercial centers of Siam, such as Central World and Siam Paragon have hundreds of stores and thousands of items from clothing, accessories, jewelry, and vehicles. There are also movie theaters, rooftop bar, and exhibition as well.
EVENING - Watch the whole city from the rooftop bar
it is time to rest and relax with some food and drink for dinner. With just one day in Bangkok, do something special by going to the rooftop bar to enjoy dinner and see the whole city. Finding a decent rooftop bar in Bangkok is not difficult - the whole city has a lot! Typically, Vertigo (Banyan Tree Hotel) or Sky Bar (Lebua) are not to be missed. If you want to go further, go to Cloud 47 in Silom, Octave at Marriot Hotel Sukhumvit or Above Eleven (Sukhumvit Soi 11). Make sure these places will give you a great view of the city.