Discover Batu Ferringhi
Batu Ferringhi is a countryside of George Town in Penang that is located along the northern coast of Penang Island. It is also one of the best destinations for locals and travelers in Penang. For those who love the sceneries on the beach with white sand and palm trees, Batu Ferringhi could be your next traveling option. Is it easy to get from the Penang Airport to Batu Ferringhi?
Select the transportation systems to arrive at Batu Ferringhi
If you start from Kula Lumpur, you will have a 45 minutes – flight to Penang Airport firstly. Then, you can choose the taxi or the bus depends on your needs. You might take by bus, but you will spend several hours to transport from Kula Lumpur to Penang.
Even though you get to start from other places to Batu Ferringhi, you might need to come to Penang firstly. Then, you may opt for the bus or the taxi to arrive at Batu Ferringhi.
If you begin your trip from Penang Airport to Batu Ferringhi by bus, you could use the rapid transit bus systems in order to get to Batu Ferringhi. Penang rapid transit bus systems are one of the most effective in Malaysia with several modern buses (some buses also have the Wi – Fi free of charge). Nonetheless, you may estimate your time to catch the right bus in the Parkroyal Resort bus station to avoid the traffic jams. Experienced passengers usually take the rapid bus No.102 to Batu Ferringhi.
When you want to pick the taxi to save your time from the airport, you should bargain the fares with the taxi drivers. They do not use the taxi clock to calculate the fares. Taxi drivers will charge between 60 and RM 75 per route to arrive at Batu Ferringhi from Penang Airport. Please keep in mind that you may pay an extra fee (about 50% surcharge) during the hours between 12 AM and 6 AM.
Accommodations in Batu Ferringhi
There are plenty of accommodations in Batu Ferringhi from the backpacker guesthouses to luxurious hotels and resorts. It depends on your budget to take a suitable platform. With guesthouses, you might look some motels up such as E.T Budget Guest House (47, Batu Ferringhi), Rasa Motel Penang (11050 Batu Ferringhi), etc.
With luxurious ones, you could consider some choices like Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa (Batu Feringgi Main Road, Jalan Batu Feringgi, 11100 Batu Feringgi, Pulau Pinang), PARKROYAL Penang Resort (Batu Ferringhi Beach, 11100 Penang), Lone Pine Hotel (97 Batu Ferringhi Batu Ferringhi), etc.
Choose the transportations to go around Batu Ferringhi
There are two main kinds of transportations to get around this place. Taxis come around the windy roads of the north coast. You also need to deal the prices with the taxi drivers, but you will pay over RM 15 per route. Therefore, you can think of the shuttle – service option in the hotels.
On the flip side, you might take the rapid transit buses. The Penang rapid transit buses daily open in the early morning until 11 PM. They start from Georgetown to Teluk Bahang through Batu Ferringhi and Tanjung Bungah.
If you are not sure about the bus routes, you would buy seven – day rapid transit passport. It will give you unlimited transport with useful instructions from the smartphone app (Rapid Penang Mobile ICS). This app will connect your position to the place you want to go through GPS. It also supports you to find the right bus stops with the routes of the bus. However, some bus stops might not be marked in the map, you should ask the locals.
Things to do in Batu Ferringhi
- Visit the Tropical Fruit Farm: because Batu Ferringhi is the tropical destination, you should not miss the opportunity to try and taste many kinds of tropical fruits in the farms.
- Go camping and trekking: it is such an incredible chance for passengers to go camping and enjoy trekking through the stored forest in Teluk Bahang and Muka Head. You can spend nights at these places and get an unforgettable life among beaches, sea and the sky.
- Go shopping at Pasar Malam – a famous night market: this is a popular and famous night market in Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei which opens in the late evening. You can enjoy the local foods and beverages, vegetables, etc. Moreover, you could buy snacks, clothes, toys, and ornaments with an affordable price.
- Sunbathe and walking on the beach: you will totally enjoy walking and sunbathing on the beach all the time. You also have foot and body massage to relax and take a rest.
- Play water sports: if you travel with your friends, you would love some water sports like scuba diving, sailing, etc. Be careful with the poison from the jellyfishes.
- Eat seafood: there is so great to enjoy the seafood on the beach; however, you should take considerations when choosing seafood in Batu Ferringhi. You should ask locals to eat the available seafood.
Getting from the Penang Airport to Batu Ferringhi is not complex than you may think. You just need to look the directions up and consider the transportation to travel. There are tons of excellent things that are waiting for you to discover in Batu Ferringhi.