Halong Bay Or Nha Trang – Which Is The Better One?
You are planning the travel plan for the whole family and still wonder to choose between two destinations which are the two most beautiful bays in Vietnam: Halong Bay or Nha Trang? The following article will help you answer this question.
Halong Bay is a famous tourist destination of Vietnam, located on the west bank of the Northern Gulf. With thousands of wonderful islands, Halong Bay has been recognized by UNESCO as the world natural heritage. Halong tourism has the advantage of its beautiful scenery, attractive to both domestic and international tourists.
Traveling in Halong, you can refer to the main tourist routes as follows:
Route 1: Harbor – Van Canh Park
Thien Cung grotto, Dau Go cave, Cho Da Islet, Ba Hang fishing village, Dinh Huong islet, Trong Mai islet (Ga Choi).
Route 2: Harbor – Caves
Soi Sim Beach, Ti Top Island, Sung Sot Cave, Me Cung Cave, Bo Nau Cave, Luon Cave, Trinh Nu Cave, Ho Dong Tien Cave.
Route 3: Harbor – Center for the sea cultural preservation
Cua Van Floating Cultural Center, Tien Ong cave, Ba Ham lake, Ba Men temple, An Du, Bamboo forest.
Route 4: Harbor – Sea Entertainment Center
Co Cave, Thay cave, Cong Do, Cau La cave, Vong Vieng fishing village, Tung Ang – Cong Do ecological area, Hon Xep park.
Routes 5: Harbor – Gia Luan Wharf (Cat Ba – Hai Phong)
Cho Da islet, Ba Hang fishing village, Dinh Huong islet, Trong Mai islet (Ga Choi)
Nha Trang is dominated by both the tropical monsoon and oceanic climate. Therefore, Nha Trang climate is relatively comfortable and it is always ready to welcome visitors. Popular attractions in Nha Trang:
- Vinpearl Land: Situated on Hon Tre Island with green beaches all year round, Vinpearl Land is known as the “paradise of the tropics”. In addition to luxurious hotels, gorgeous gardens, and an ideal freshwater pool, it also boasts a thrilling game area and spectacular 4D cinemas.
- Hon Mun Island: Hon Mun has clear water and magnificent coral reef ecosystem, which has been assessed by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) as the first marine biodiversity area in Vietnam.
- Hon Tam Island: Standing in Hon Tam, you can see both Nha Trang City in the north and Cam Ranh peninsula in the south. In addition to the beautiful beach, this place is also famous for sea exploration by glass bottom boat as well as snorkeling service.
- Ninh Van Bay: This place is especially suitable for those who want to find relaxation in calm sea space. In addition, you can also enjoy coral reefs, scuba diving or surfing, windsurfing, and kayaking.
- Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute: There are over 20,000 specimens of 4,000 kinds of marine life and freshwater collected and preserved for many years. In particular, in Oceanographic Institute, you will be admired the skeleton of a giant whale with nearly 26m long, 3m high of 48 vertebrae are fully restored.
- Ponagar Tower: The monument complex consists of four towers and two shrines. The largest tower worships the goddess Ponagar.
- Hon Chong – Hon Vo: Hon Chong’s space is almost separated from the bustle of the streets. It is also one of the most beautiful places to view the city.
- Van Phong Bay: It attracts visitors with the pristine beauty of the small island population and the blue color of the smaller bays in the interior.
- Dai Lanh Beach: It is about 80km north of Nha Trang City. After swimming, tourists can rent motorboats to visit Khai Luong village, Dam Mon, Vung Ro port, or Dai Lanh village to explore the life of fishermen.
- Nha Trang Dam Market: Dam market sells many souvenirs and local produce. The seafood here is also very rich, especially dried seafood.
Both Halong Bay and Nha Trang on your trip
If the above information makes you so excited and want to visit both of these beautiful bays, do not worry, there are tours that will help you to put both of them on your itinerary. Here is a reference schedule for you in 6 days and 5 nights with the starting point at Ho Chi Minh city.
Day 01: HCM city – Nha Trang (Lunch, Dinner)
Gather at the meeting point to go to Nha Trang; then go to Thap Ba hot mineral springs resort. In the afternoon, visit along the new coastal road Tran Phu – Luong Son, and famous sights: Hon Chong and Mount Co Tien. Through Ha Bridge and Xom Bong bridge, you can also enjoy the Ponagar Tower.
At 15:00, go to Vinpearl Wharf or the world’s longest cable car to Vinpearl Land entertainment world or Vinpearl Aquarium to take part in the interesting activities:
- Admire the world’s largest aquarium in Southeast Asia with hundreds of marine life.
- Join all action games and static games
- Experience the new 4D movie room.
- Watch the performance on the modern musical stage.
Stay overnight in Nha Trang.
Day 02: Nha Trang – Doc Let (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Depart to Doc Let (One of the most beautiful beaches of Khanh Hoa province and Central region). Freely visit and swim on the beach. Return to Nha Trang for lunch break. In the afternoon, visit Long Son Pagoda, worship Kim Than Buddha. Then visit and shop at Dam Market. Stay overnight in Nha Trang.
Day 03: Nha Trang – Hanoi (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Afternoon visit: Quan Thanh Temple, West Lake, Tran Quoc Pagoda, Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam, walking 36 streets, Hoan Kiem lake, Ngoc Son temple.
Stay overnight in Hanoi.
Day 04: Hanoi – Halong Bay (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Check-out the hotel, then Visit President Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and One Pillar Pagoda. Depart for Halong Bay. On the way, visit Yen Tu Mountain and Hoa Yen Pagoda. Arrive in Halong Bay to visit Tuan Chau Island Tourist Area. Check in hotel and stay overnight in Halong.
Day 05: Halong Bay (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Frist of all, visit Halong Bay on the cruise. Visit Thien Cung, Dau Go and Ga Choi Islets and swim in Ti Top Beach. Then return to the port. Free walk in the evening. Stay overnight in Halong.
Day 06: Halong – Hanoi – HCM city (Breakfast, Lunch)
Check out the hotel. Depart for Hanoi. Go to Noi Bai airport to fly to Ho Chi Minh City. End the tour.
We hope that you will feel our article useful to help you decide to visit Halong Bay or Nha Trang. Have a nice trip!