Hoi An ancient town is always ranked first on the list of tourist destinations in Vietnam for a reason. Hoi An tourism is a rustic, simple and poetic painting. Whether it is day or night, Hoi An still brings a unique charm. If you are planning to Hoi An from Ha Noi, don't forget to keep in mind these 3 things.
I. Best Time To Travel To Hoi An
Owning two distinct seasons, Hoi An in the dry season (from January to July) will be more preferred over the rainy season. In particular, the ideal time is from February to April, when the weather in the spring and early summer is cooler.
Please note that every 14th lunar month (Lantern festival) , the old town will turn off the lights and be decorated with many colorful lanterns. On this day, the streets, two sides of the Hoai River, are filled with the melodies of traditional songs, folk games and, of course, indispensable traditional dishes.
II. How to get from Hanoi to Hoi An
1. The distance from Hanoi to Hoi An
The distance from Hanoi to Hoi An is about 797 km. It is quite long, so you should plan your trip thoughtfully.
2. How to get from Hanoi to Hoi An
As Hoi An is a small town and 20km away from Danang, there are no train station and airport there so you will need to transit from Hanoi to Da Nang then continue your trip to Hoi An.
* Getting from Hanoi to Danang
- Airplane: If you want to save time from Hanoi to Da Nang, you can choose to go by plane (from Noi Bai airport to Da Nang airport). The flying time is around 1 hour. At this moment, there are only three airlines are providing service in this route which include Vietnam Airlines (around $64 - $70)/ one way), VietJet Air ( around $25/one way) and Jetstar Pacific (same price as VietJet Air).
- Bus: The price is from 300,000 to 350,000 VND (13$ - 15$), depending on the quality of the vehicle, you can easily buy tickets to Da Nang from Hanoi via 12go.asia, vexers.com or DanangBus.
- Train: A train from Hanoi to Da Nang will last for 14 - 20 hours. The fares are from 800,000 to 1,300,000 VND (40$ - 60$), depending on the type of seats you choose. You can book it online via Vietnam railway.
- Private car: In case you want to go to Da Nang by private means. You can refer to the following schedule: From Phap Van (Hanoi) go straight to the National Highway of Phap Van - Cau Gie and Cau Gie - Ninh Binh. When you get off the highway, you turn right to the National Highway 10 to Ninh Binh city. From Ninh Binh city, keep going straight to the Da Nang city via National Highway 1A.
* Getting from Da Nang to Hoi An
- Private car: If traveling in groups and want to visit many as many tourist destinations as you can, choose the car rental service in Da Nang. The price of car rental depends on the type of vehicle. 4 or 5-seat car is about 500,000 - 600,000 VND per day (21.5$ - 26$/day) and 7-seat car is from 700,000 to 1,000,000 VND per day (30$ - 43$/day), 29-seat car is from 1,500,000 to 1,800,000 VND per day (64$ - 77$/day).
III. Transportation in Hoi An
- Motorbike: As a tourist city, you will easily rent motorcycles in Hoi An for 120,000 - 150,000 VND/day (5$ - 6$/day).
- Bicycles: The best way to get around the old town is bicycling and enjoy the city. Some hotels in Hoi An will have free bicycles, or you can rent at 40,000 VND/day (1.7$).
- Cyclo: If the cyclo is rare in Danang, this vehicle is a featured image here in Hoi An. You can take a cyclo in Hoi An at Phan Chau Trinh or Tan Phu at the price of 150,000 VND/hour (6$/hour).
- Taxi: The familiar taxi company in Hoi An is Mai Linh (Telephone number: 022.214.171.124.92), Taxi Hoi An (Telephone number: 0126.96.36.199.19), Faifo (Telephone number: 0188.8.131.52.91)
- Boats and cruises: Do not miss the opportunity to take a boat trip on Hoai River or Thu Bon River. You can easily catch the boats right at the sides of river.
Hope you will have the best moment to Hoi An and don't forget to share with me how you can get here! I love to hear from you back!
"A young & wild Asian wanderer who love traveling, writing and sharing his travel experience to audiences who are planning to Asia. To him, life is about traveling and his journey has just started."