How To Travel From Ho Chi Minh City To Mui Ne
Although Mui Ne has become a very popular destination, how to get to Mui Ne from Ho Chi Minh city still prove to be troublesome for inexperienced traveler.
There is no airport in Mui Ne or Phan Thiet. The closest airport is Lien Khuong Airport, which services Da Lat (130 kilometers away). Alternatively, Cam Ranh International Airport is 191 kilometres away; Tan Son Nhat International (aka Ho Chi Minh City’s airport) is 200 kilometers away. From Ho Chi Minh City you will have to take train or bus to get to Mui Ne.
Mui Ne doesn’t have a train station — the closest is in nearby Phan Thiet, in the northwest corner of the city. There is only one train a day, SPT1 running between Ho Chi Minh City and Phan Thiet. From HCMC, it departs at 06:40, scheduled to arrive at 11:22. From Phan Thiet to HCMC, the train departs at 13:10, arrives at 18:27.
Ticket for soft seat air-con is 190,000 VND; hard-berth air-con is 220,000 VND; soft berth air-con is 255,000 VND.
The red local bus goes from Phan Thiet train station to Ham Tien (the tourist strip) and Mui Ne. It should cost around 20,000 VND. Otherwise, meter taxis and xe om (motor taxi) are available.Either by bus, taxi or xe om, it take about 40 minutes to reach Mui Ne from Phan Thiet Station.
Since there is no direct train or flight, bus is considered as the best choice to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Mui Ne. Here are some reputable open-tour bus companies operated on this route
The Sinh Tourist
- Office:144 Nguyen Dinh Chieu St
- Telephone: (062) 384 7542
- Fax: (062) 384 7656;
- Website: www.thesinhtourist.vn; Open daily 07:00-22:00
- HCMC: Sitting bus departs at 07:30, 13:30. Costs 99,00 VND. Sleeping bus departs at 01:00, 13:30. Costs 179 VND
- Nha Trang: Sleeping bus departs at 01:00, 13:00. Costs 89,000 VND.
- Da Lat: Sitting bus departs at 07:30, 13:00. Costs 79,000 VND.
Tam Hanh open bus
- Office:135 Nguyen Dinh Chieu St.
- Telephone: (062) 384 7560;
- Website: www.tamhanhtravel.com
- HCMC: Departs at 0:00, 01:00, 06:30, 08:00, 11:00, 13:30, 16:00. Costs 120,000 VND.
- Nha Trang: Departs at 1:00, 13:00. Costs 120,000 VND and takes 4 hrs.
- Da Lat: Departs at 07:00, 12:30. Costs 100,000 VND and takes 4 hrs.
- Hoi An (via Nha Trang): Departs at 13:00. Costs 320,000 VND and takes 17 hrs.
Phuong Trang (Futa Bus) is one of the more reliable national bus companies. The ticket includes pick-up/drop-off to your hotel in Mui Ne.
- Office: 20 Huynh Thuc Khang St.
- Telephone: (062) 3743 113;
- Website: futabus.vn
- HCMC: Departs every 30-60 minutes from 06:00 to 22:30. Costs 120,000 dong.
Hope that my short guide can help you guys pick out a convenient way to get to the amazing town of Mui Ne.