Heaven Summer In Coral Redang Island Resort
Redang Island is an island in Kuala Nerus District, Terengganu, Malaysia. It is one of the largest islands off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia. It is famous for crystal clear water and white sandy beaches.
The Redang archipelago comprises big islands such as Pulau Redang, Pulau Lima, Pulau Paku Besar, Pulau Paku Kecil…. Pulau Redang is the biggest one of all the islands in the Marine Park, which is about 7 km long and 6 km wide. Its highest peak is Bukit Besar at 359 meters (1,178 feet) above sea level.
Today, only the big islands like Redang, Lang Tengah, Perhentian and Kapas have resort facilities for visitors. The management of Marine Parks primarily involves protection of the sensitive marine and terrestrial ecosystems by controlling the impact of human activities. These include waste management and conservation of coral reefs and terrestrial habitats.
Redang has a tropical climate with the average temperature steadily around 30°C and frequent but brief thunderstorms. Like the rest of Malaysia’s East Coast, Redang is affected by the northeast monsoon in winter, so most resorts are closed and ferry transport schedules are severely restricted from November to February. Most of resorts will open 1st March until 31st October for every year. All reservation for next year will be available in December onwards.
Coral Redang Island Resort which is a small and cozy resort is suitable for Private Parties and Wedding Function. It has 26 Superior rooms and 5 Family rooms with take only one minute to walk to the beach, air-conditionings, ceiling fans, hot & cold shower, hairdryers, bath towels, beach towels, mini fridges, safety boxes, coffee & tea making facilities in all the rooms. Besides, it includes a Restaurant that offers local Malay & Continental cuisine, a Café for light snacks, a Bar next to the pool, a Recreation Centre, a Convenience Store and a Conference Room for 24 people.
Here are some travel tips
- Avoid traveling during Public Holiday or School Holiday since there will be lots of local tourists during this period.
- For those taking flight from Kuala Lumpur, it is the best choice to land at Kuala Terengganu Airport that is nearest to Syahbandar Jetty and it takes 20 to 30 minutes only by Airport Tax
- Parking space is also available but limited at Jetty with the minimum charge of RM10-RM15 ($2-4) a car/night.
- Ferry ride will take 1.5 hours to 2 hours only .The ferry capacity will accommodate seats around for 150 to 200 people. Fare is RM110 ($26) per person for return transfer. Ferries from Syahbandar depart to Redang at 9.00, 10.30 and 15.00 and ferries from Redang come back at 7.00, 11.00 and 13.00.
- No ATM Machine and Bank service are available at Redang Island that means you need to bring cash. Therefore, if you do not want to bring much money, you should choose the package that most of meals are already included.
- Underwater Camera is available for rental; please refer to the receptionist and Dive Center.
- If you take a local bus from TBS Bus Terminal Kuala Lumpur, it is recommended that you should choose late night bus departuring from 11.00 pm at night and arriving at Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal around 5.30am.
- Snorkeling sessions will start at 9.30 am and 2.30 pm. Rental Mask is not included with the package. Fins are not allowed to use at Marine Park, you can use the fins at deep-sea only. Please do not step on corals when you go snorkeling.
- Some resorts will have night activities such as Live Band and Disco.
Now you know one more outstanding destination for this summer, let’s go and enjoy!