3 Most Beautiful Beaches Near Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia is famous for its island paradises with beautiful beaches. The beaches with the clear water and colorful coral reefs are often the ideal diving destination for those who like exploring the ocean. Please take a look at 3 most beautiful beaches near Kuala Lumpur as follow.
1. Cenang Beach, Langkawi Island
The first name in the list is Cenang Beach of Langwaki Island. Langkawi is located in northern Malaysia, about an hour's flight from the center of Kuala Lumpur. In addition to the attractive and beautiful beaches, Langkawi attracts crowded tourists with its busy shopping centers. More specifically, all of the goods here are exempted from tax. This island is known as the jewel of Malaysian tourism.
One of the most famous beaches in Langkawi is Cenang (more than 10km). Cenang Beach attracts visitors by possessing a clean beach, clear blue sea, and the vast blue sky. The weather here is quite pleasant, contributing to bringing you an enjoyable vacation. There are also many sports activities waiting for you such as windsurfing, scuba diving, boat racing, and sailing for sightseeing.
* How to get to Cenang Beach
- By ferry: You take the bus to the ferry terminal and take the ferry to the island. This is a way to save money but take time for foreign travelers so the tourists should not choose this way
- By plane: The airfare price costs for $ 37 per person, excluding tax. Is it very cheap right? It's just a small island but there are good airports and lots of flights during the day.
* Accommodation near Cenang Beach
With more than 10 km of coastline, Cenang is willing to serve the most demanding guests. The multi-style restaurants are located on the road parallel to the sea, interspersed with fashion and sport equipment shops. Some suggestions for you:
- Luxury Hotel: Four Season Langkawi Resort
If you have a big budget, Four Season Resort is a perfect choice. This is Langkawi's most luxurious hotel, with 68 private rooms and 23 luxury villas overlooking the Andaman Sea. The resort has a main pool for families and a pool for couples who want to enjoy more privacy. Traditional massage therapists from Malaysia offer a different experience for visitors.
- Address: Jalan Tanjung Rhu Street
- Price: From 2,250 ringgit ($ 745)/night
- Mid-range hotel: Temple Tree Langkawi Resort
This is a special resort. The resort is divided into 8 villas designed in ancient architecture of China, Malaysia, and India and was built in the early 20th century. In addition to beautiful architecture with interesting cultural values, Temple Tree is just 10 minutes drive from the airport and 5 minutes walk to the beach.
- Address: Pantai Cenang Area
- Price: From 550 ringgit (141USD)/night
- Budget Hotel: De Baron Langkawi Resort
Situated away from the city center, De Baron Resort Langkawi offers the beautiful views of Kuah Bay. The resort is far enough from the city to create a quiet but close enough space, which is very convenient for moving.
- Address: Bandar Baru Baron, Jalan Putera, Kuah, Langkawi
- Price: From $ 40/night
2. Redang Beach
Pulau Redang Island is one of the nine islands in the Malaysian marine protected area (MPA). The east of the island is great bays like Teluk Dalam, Teluk Kalong and Pasir Panjang. Most of the resorts are located on the beaches of Teluk Kalong, and Pasir Panjang Bays.
The Redang Beach is truly a marvelous and fascinating Malaysian tourist spot as well as one of the most beautiful beaches near Kuala Lumpur, as it is home to giant sea turtles residing and reproducing, alongside thousands of tropical fish swimming in the coastal waters. It is so interesting that an endless coral reef underwater will surprise you with its multicolored picture. Guests are enthralled by the blue jade and white sand beaches. In addition, the island also has a marine protected area for tourists to explore.
* How to get to Redang Beach
It is a 1-hour flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu. After that, you take the boat to Redang Island from the two piers of Merang and Shahbandar. The appropriate time to travel here is from April to October. Before booking your flight, please refer to the hotel in advance and the reasonable time to book tickets. Because the boat is only from 9 a.m to 3 p.m, so if you are late, you have to book a one-night hotel in the town, and in the next day, you catch the early boat to the island. Your trip will be all-inclusive at the hotel including the picking up and dropping off service, the accommodation, 3 meals/day and a snorkeling tour during your stay. You contact them by email or Facebook for a quote and specific information.
* Accommodation near Redang Beach
There are two types of hotel, you can choose according to your pocket:
- High Price: Redang Island Resort, Redang Beach Resort, Wisana Village, Redang Holiday Resort, Redang Mutiara Beach Resort, Redang Reef Resort.
- Low Price: Redang Pelangi Resort, Redang Bay Resort.
3. Terengganu Beach
Situated on the east bank of the Malaysian island, with its 3 sides facing the sea, the long coastline of Terengganu is covered by beautiful beaches with the warm and clear water. Terengganu has many islands that are definitely popular with tourists such as Redang, Kapas, Perhentian and Tenggol Marine Parks. Most especially, Redang owns many great diving sites and majestic coral reefs, around which marine life is diverse and surprisingly rich. Besides, the sea lovers or nature lovers who are looking for a perfect holiday should go to Tanjung Jara - a resort designed based on the model of an ancient Malayan castle.
* How to get to Terengganu from Kuala Lumpur
- You can book airline tickets of Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Brahu Airport. The ticket ranges from only $30 to $40 for a round-trip. If you book a month in advance, the airfare is around $ 20 for a round-trip.
- When you arrive at Kota Brahu Airport, you must catch the Airport Taxi to Kuala Besut (60 to 70 km south of Kota Brahu). The fare of a taxi carrying up to 4 people to Kuala Besut is RM78 (20$). The travel time is about one hour.
- From Kuala Besut Pier, you enter the high-speed canoe ticket office to buy tickets to Terengganu Island. A round trip to the island is RM70 (18$). This ticket does not have a date, so when you go, the ticket seller will take you away. The boat trip is always available. Depending on the number of guests to the island, they will arrange the boat. The distance from the mainland to Terengganu is about 19km and takes from 30 to 45 minutes by canoe.
If you stop at Long Beach - Perhentian Kecil, you will have to spend 2RM (0.5$) per person to go to a small boat from the canoe landing site to the shore. The reason is that the sea in Long Beach is shallow and no wharf can go deep into the shore. If you do not want to spend 2RM, you can ask the driver to stop at Coral Bay, and then walk through the woods along the trail to Long Beach. It takes about 10 minutes to walk and the road is not too difficult.
In the coming back way from Terengganu to Kuala Besut, there are 3 starting points at 8h, 12h, and 16h. You pay attention to the time of the flight to arrange time back to the mainland. The return process is the same as the way to go depending on where you are. You should prepare 20 minutes before the departure to start the journey.
* Accommodation in Terengganu
Dust tourists often choose Long Beach at Perhentian Kecil to stay because of this beautiful, vibrant beach with many beach bars and accommodation. The Sunrise Guesthouse in the middle of the ocean and next to Long Beach is the cheapest one which is priced at RM100 (26$) per night and can be for 5 people.
The electricity is available from 6 p.m to 9 a.m of the next morning and the bathroom is shared. The room is not very clean but has a great location, in the center, with the balcony overlooking the sea. In spite of being a guest house, you can pay by credit card with 5% surcharge.
In addition to popular accommodations, guests can take advantage of a variety of recreational facilities with some better places to stay in Terengganu including Tropical Inn Resort, Bubu Resort in Long Beach and Shangrila Resort in Coral Bay.
Hopefully, the above article will be helpful for you. Have a wonderful trip in Malaysia!
"A young & wild Asian wanderer who love traveling, writing and sharing his travel experience to audiences who are planning to Asia. To him, life is about traveling and his journey has just started."